Just got engaged? Congratulations!
We all know that you have already started planning your big, glorious wedding and that you want everything to be fabulous and perfect! But what about the day after your wedding? Have you already begun to think about dream honeymoon destinations? Travel by Interest is here to share some bright ideas with you, and guide you through one of the most popular gay honeymoon destinations in the world: the exotic country of the Maldives!
- Location: Isolated within the Indian Ocean, the tropical nation of the Maldives consists of 26 natural atolls, with more than 1000 islands and coral reefs. Dazzling turquoise waters, over-water bungalows, and colorful marine life attract travelers and honeymooners from all over the world.
- Weather: The Maldives’ tropical climate allow you to enjoy warm temperatures and sunny days all year round. The temperature variations range from 25° to 32° C.
- Currency: The local currency of the Maldives is called the Rufiyaa (MRF) and it is possible to exchange currency at the airport upon arrival. However many licensed shops, and most of the resorts, accept USD.
- Alcohol: Even though alcohol is illegal in the Maldives, keep in mind that it is allowed in the resorts located on private islands.
Are the Maldives Safe?
Being globally known for their conservative character and culture, it is only natural to wonder if the Maldivian islands are the perfect choice for your gay honeymoon. Is it safe?
The answer depends mostly on your personal expectations when visiting the Maldives, as well as your traveling habits. But whether you are looking for vivid cities or isolated resorts, one thing is for sure: the Maldives has it all!
The Maldives is a Muslim country, so you won’t find an organized gay community or gay scene, even in the Maldivian urban centres.
Because of this, gay travelers should always be wary in public.
However, the amazing Maldivian resorts are especially known for their welcoming mentality and the exceptional service they offer.
Charming honeymoon ocean suites, water-restaurants, and wellness resorts await to offer you a unique honeymoon experience! Keep reading this article to find Travel by Interest’s recommendations about the best resorts for gay travelers in the Maldives!
Extra Tip: The four largest cities in the Maldives are Male at Kaafu Atoll, Fuvahmulah at Gnyaviyani Atoll, Hithadhoo at Addu City Atoll, and Kulhudhuffushi at Haa Dhaalu Atholhu.
The secret that makes the Maldives a perfect destination for your gay honeymoon
Have you ever searched for the Maldives in Google Maps? Do you remember zooming in and in and in, in order to be able to locate these tiny islands? (if not, click here to try it yourself!)
Most of the islands are so small, that can only host one single resort! And even though isolated, these exotic resorts aim to make you feel welcome and keep your expectations satisfied.
Whether you are looking to taste local and international dishes, indulge in adventurous activities or spa therapies, or simply lay on an over-water hammock while doing nothing, the resorts thrive to make your desires come true!
The best exotic resorts for your gay honeymoon in the Maldives
Over the last decade, luxury resorts with spacious ocean suites, over-water bungalows, and private villas, have popped up all around the Maldives. But which one will become your honeymoon nest?
Travel by Interest recommends the top resorts for your most memorable gay honeymoon in the Maldives! Check out our recommendations below:
Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives
Escape the world and devote to each other at Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives!
- Hotel Location: Less than 20 minutes away from Velana International Airport by speedboat
PER AQUUM Niyama
Exotic, Romantic, Extraordinary – explore PER AQUUM Niyama!
- Hotel Location: A 40-minute flight by seaplane from Male International Airport
Floating Resort by Scubaspa
Are you looking for honeymoon adventures? Floating Resort by Scubaspa will guide you through the rich marine life under the ocean and hidden gems of the Maldives!
- Hotel Location: A 45-minute drive from Male International Airport
Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Treat your loved one with tailored made experiences at Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives.
- Hotel Location: An oasis of luxury and comfort awaits you just 5-minutes by boat from Gan International Airport
Dusit Thani Maldives
Relax in incomparable luxury with everything included, at Dusit Thani Maldives
- Hotel Location: Just a 35-minute flight by seaplane from Male International Airport and 10 minutes by speedboat from Dharavandhoo Domestic Airport in Baa Atoll.
Only you, your partner, and the dazzling turquoise sea at Naladhu Maldives!
- Hotel Location: 35-minute scenic speedboat ride from Male.
Seems like a fairy-tale, but it’s not! It is Anantara Kihavah!
- Hotel Location: A 35-minute seaplane journey from Male
Full details are available from the link below: