In our current world of working from home, managing a team and keeping everyone engaged can be a challenge and this has been no different for the team at Secret Paradise.
Like many employees working in the tourism industry, a normal day at the office for the Secret Paradise guide team would be providing memorable guest experiences. This lack of social interaction together with the fact that they are no longer able to be out and about enjoying the natural environment has meant that adjusting to working from home has not been an easy task.
Secret Paradise informs that they realized very early on that working from home for the first time meant figuring out how to ensure the team stayed on task in a new environment that may not lend itself to their productivity. But as they have discovered there are ways to deliver results and avoid going stir-crazy!
Co-Founder, Ruth Franklin states that ‘communication and positivity have been key to keeping the team spirit alive’.
- The team receives a Team Talk email to start the day. This may include business updates, positivity quotes or just something to raise a smile.
- Every day each guide shares what they have achieved the previous day, what their objective is for the day and what obstacles or challenges they may have that they need support with.
- A weekly conference call is held to discuss progress on assignments or brainstorm ideas.
- Every day a different member of the team has the responsibility to call each of their colleagues and check all is well.
- Assignments are shared so that up to 4 individuals may be working on the same project together encouraging interaction.
- The team Viber group is buzzing not just with work-related issues but with memes and moments of laughter!
Tour Leader, Kokko Ibbe states, ‘ It is definitely hard not seeing colleagues personally and catching up over coffee. I miss being able to just jump into the ocean or share island life. Working from home is a new experience for us all and yes it has been challenging. But with the support of colleagues and with inspiring leadership we will come through this and we will all have learnt something from it’.
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Corporate Maldives