Maldives has won the Best Country Award, Best Ambassador Award, and the Global Youth Award at the South Asian Youth Summit 2017 in Bhubaneswar City, India.
Awards were announced at the closing ceremony of SAYS 2017, held at the Swoti Hotel in Bhubaneswar City this Wednesday night.
The Best Country Award was received by the entire Maldivian delegation participating in the Summit, lead by Maldivian government’s representative at the SAYS, Director General of Ministry of Youth and Sports, Ahmed Zaki Ali and Founder and President of RAFY NGO, Aisthath Rafiyya.
Rafiyya, who is also an International Youth Committee (IYC) Ambassador won the Best Ambassador Award and the Global Youth Award 2017.
The Global Youth Award is the highest youth award by IYC. Rafiyya won the award for her work in empowering women in Maldives.
Meanwhile, Maldivian official Ismail Rifau came the 1st runner-up for People’s Choice Leader Award. He lost by a small margin to Vikram Nayanth of India.
– Best Speaker: Miss S. K. Kanta Reze (Bangladesh)
– Best Participant: Ms. Xu Le (China)
– Best Volunteer Award: Puja Sinha and Sangram Mishra
– IYC Lifetime Achievement Award: Professor Chandhan Ghosh
– Best Action Plan Award 2017: Sri Lanka
– Best Youth Minister Award: Minister of youth and Sports of Bangladesh, Dr. Biren Sikder
Full details are available from the link below: