Singapore-based Park Hotel Group’s first property, Grand Park Kodhipparu has officially opened on the 2nd of December 2017 having held their soft opening in June 2017.
The official grand opening was hosted at Grand Park Kohdhipparu with plenty of VIPs and media present at the resort. The event began at 17:30 with invitees being treated to welcome cocktails followed by an opening performance of live music and Bodu Beru.
The gathered mass was addressed by CEO of Park Hotel Group, Mr Allen Law followed by a speech from the Executive Chairman and Group CEO of Chip Eng Seng Group, Mr Raymond Chia on their decision to invest in the Maldives.
Later on, VIP’s were joined by Park Hotel executives and Chip Eng Seng Officials to a Gong Ceremony officially declaring Grand Park Kohdhipparu open.
Located in North Male Atoll and 15-minute speedboat ride away from Velana International Airport, the resort features a collection of 120 beach-front pool villas, breathtaking overwater villas and spacious two-bedroom villas. 65 of the 120 villas come with private pools and extensive private terraces.
Grand Park Kodhipparu is designed by the leading hospitality design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates, the resort features Singaporean based architecture, state of the art interior and high ceiling roofs. The resort offers three restaurants and a pool bar including the overwater Edge restaurant, breeze poolside restaurant, and bar. A wide selection of international culinary creations, light bites and inventive cocktails and fine wines are available throughout the restaurants.
Recreational facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium, sunrise yoga deck, wellness centre with spa and salon treatments, water sports and dive centre, children’s activity centre and speciality shops.
Invitees were treated to a fabulous dinner with live food stations and free-flow of drinks all night long. The official opening ceremony was concluded with fire dances and releasing of lanterns for good luck and prosperity.
Grand Park Kohdhipparu was bought over from Amin Construction through an investment which was a joint venture, with Chip Eng Seng’s unit holding 70 percent, while Park Hotel’s subsidiary, Grand Park Maldives, took the remaining 30 percent.