Deadline: 14 April 2017
- Promote tolerance, by funding proposals that combat hate and build community cohesion; engage at-risk youth; promote digital literacy; and engage communities on respect for diversity.
- Improve respect for human rights, through programs which strengthen democratic values; enhance awareness and protection of religious freedom and human rights principles; and encourage gender equality.
- Improve respect for and application of freedom of expression, through programs that promote a free and open media; strengthen understanding of social media; empower journalists through training (including ethics, investigative techniques, and English language).
- Youth engagement, leadership, and education programs;
- Programs that promote gender equality and the rights of girls and women;
- Programs that build the capacity of civil society;
- New media concepts aimed at reaching wide audiences;
- Media training programs;
- Cultural programs;
- Radio, television, social media, and film programming in support of the above three goals.
- Floor of Individual Award Amounts: $5,000 USD
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $25,000 USD
- The U.S. Embassy encourages applications from all sectors: committed and organized civil-society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and individuals.
- All grantees must have a non-profit status.
How to Apply
To receive consideration for funding, applicants must forward electronic copies of all required documentation at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Public Affairs Section Grants Program.
Source URL: Bing News :