Saudi Arabia has doubled the quota for Hajj pilgrims from the Maldives this year by allowing 1,000 more spots, says President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom.
Speaking during a function held at G. Dh. Madaveli last Tuesday, Yameen said the foreign policy of his administration has resulted in the strengthening of relations between the Maldives and Saudi Arabia. He said Saudi Arabia has made the decision to allow 1,000 more Maldivians to make the hajj pilgrimage this year.
Yameen didn’t provide any details on how the additional quota will be allocated during his speech. And Ministry of Islamic Affairs was not immediately available for comment regarding the subject.
Four private organizations have been given permission to escort 1,000 Maldivians on hajj pilgrimage this year, according to a statement issued by Ministry of Islamic Affairs last week.
The Hajj Day this year is August 20.
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Sun.mv