I recently enjoyed a FABULOUS holiday in the incredibly beautiful Maldives. You can read my trip reports here:
Today (May 3, 2017): Review of the Maldives’ largest overwater villa.
The bi-level, three-bedrooms John Jacob Astor Estate is the largest overwater residence in the Indian Ocean archipelago. The palatial villa is located along the western jetty of the ultraluxe St Regis Vommuli Maldives, which I have covered in a separate review that you can read here. As you may expect, the estate does not come cheap and will cost you (and your travel party) at least $25,000 USD per night, depending on the season. But that money will buy you a stay at the pinnacle of contemporary island luxury in the Maldives. I did not stay at the estate, but was offered a tour during my holiday at the St Regis Vommuli.
In this review (more info and photos below my Youtube clip and slideshow):
- Features of the villa
- Tips for future guests & save money
- My review of other luxury resorts in the Maldives
- Best time to visit
- How to get there
FEATURES OF THE VILLA
- The epitome of sophistication and a premier destination for entertaining, the venerable overwater John Jacob Astor Estate boasts panoramic vistas of the tropical ocean waves, impeccable design, and pristine amenities.
- The ground-floor features a palatial living room that is distinguished by its lofty ceilings and floor-to-ceiling glass doors suffusing the space with natural light. The adjacent formal dining room is the idyllic setting for memorable gatherings of up to 12 people. A show kitchen and butler pantry afford unparalleled convenience for larger travel parties.
- The living room opens up to the estate’s vast furnished terrace, which showcases a private stretch of man-made beach floating above the ocean, and a large infinity swimming pool framed by a plush daybed, sofas, and sun loungers.
- Modern technology includes a Bang & Olufsen 55-inch LCD television and sound system as well as iPad room controls. A separate home theater – with a Bang & Olufsen 85-inch LCD television and state-of-the-art surround sound – is located on the ground floor and offers effortless entertainment.
- An exercise room on the ground floor provides cardio and weight machines as well as a yoga studio.
- Both ends of the ground floor feature a bedroom, one with a king-size bed and one with two queens. Each bedroom boasts a refined living space with direct access to a private furnished terrace with a Jacuzzi whirlpool revealing unfettered sea vistas. Marble bathrooms showcase a glass-enclosed rainforest shower while a spa room features a steam room and massage table. Thoughtful touches include 55-inch LCD televisions and oversized walk-in closets.
- Perched on the upper floor, the master bedroom is a lavish haven revealing dramatic ocean views from a magnificent private balcony. The living room features a plush sofa and armchairs crowned by an elegant chandelier as well as a 55-inch LCD television. Bay window seats and a wooden writing desk form an inviting workspace in the adjacent study. The separate bedroom features a king-size four-poster bed that promises unsurpassed repose. Ocean views continue in the marble bathroom, where double vanities showcase burnished fixtures and a 20-inch mirror-embedded LCD TV while the rainforest shower is enclosed by glass doors. A separate spa room, with massage table and steam room, and Remède bath amenities ensure unparalleled pampering.
- The estate is enhanced by its own butler and nanny accommodations, assuring impeccable service.
Full details are available from the link below:
Source URL: Bing News :