Local chef Ahmed Fatheen became the winner for the Maldives in the Knorr Master of Seasoning 2017 culinary competition.
Knorr Master of Seasoning is a competition organized by professional chefs at Unilever Food Solutions which is centred on creating chicken based dishes using Knorr Chicken Stock Powder. This year marks the first time that the invitation was extended to the Maldives to participate.
Held in association with Best Buy Maldives (BBM), nine chefs working in the Maldives were shortlisted to compete in the Knorr Master of Seasoning;
- Ahmed Fatheen – Bandos Island Resort
- Ibrahim Naeem – Hulhule Island Hotel
- Ishag Solih – Anantara Kihavah
- Nandana Alupotha – Cinnamon Dhonveli
- Harsha Jayamaha – Amaya Kudarah
- Chamara Kulathunga – Breakwater
- Samantha Perera – Atmosphere Oblu
- Jack Tiang Toh Huat – Summer Island Maldives
- W L Wimalagunaratne – Embudu Village Holiday Resort
Out of the nine finalists, Chef Ahmed Fatheen came in first place with over 1,000 votes for his dish, “Trio of Meats.”
According to BBM, Chef Fatheen has been awarded an all-expenses paid trip to Dubai to participate in a culinary master class, which will be conducted by City and Guilds London. Fatheen would thus become the first Maldivian to compete in a world renowned platform, going up against top chefs from Asia and the Middle-east.
Full details are available from the link below:
Source URL: Mihaaru-Business