Maldivian public is debating over the possible people who will form the new Cabinet under President-elect Ibrahim Mohamed Solih (Ibu) who will assume office this Saturday evening.
Solih’s only official comment on his Cabinet was that all members of his Cabinet will be qualified and possess integrity. And both Solih and the opposition coalition has not made any confirmation on persons who will be filling the Cabinet position.
However, it has been confirmed the Solih’s administration will have 19 ministries.
Sources within the opposition coalition report to ‘Sun’ that Cabinet members have now been finalized after negotiations between the four opposition leaders.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs, Abdulla Shahid
- Minister of Islamic Affairs, Imran Abdulla
- Minister of Tourism, Dr. Abdulla Mausoom
- Minister of Health, Dr. Shah Mahir
- Minister of Economic Development, Fayyaz Ismail
- Minister of Finance, Ibrahim Ameer
- Minister of Defense, Mariya Ahmed Didi
- Minister of Fisheries, Marine Resources and Agriculture, Zaha Waheed
- Minister of Gender, Family and Social Services, Sidhatha Shareef
- Minister of National Planning and Infrastructure, Mohamed Aslam
- Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Athifa Shakoor
- Minister of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment, Ahmed Mahloof
- Minister of Science, Communication and Technology, Ahmed Fayaz
- Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation, Aishath Nahula
- Minister of Arts, Culture and Heritage, Yumna Maumoon
- Minister of Higher Education, Dr. Ibrahim Hassan
The persons who will be appointed Minister of Home Affairs, Minister of Education and Minister of Environment are unclear at this point.
Solih is scheduled to take the oath of office at 4:30 pm this Saturday evening. He is expected to announce his Cabinet sometime this Saturday night.
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Sun.mv