Tourism minister Moosa Zameer has dismissed the US’ travel advisory for the Maldives.
The travel advisory by the State Department of America was issued on January 10, warning US citizens to be cautious about terrorism in the Maldives. However, the tourism minister declared that there were no such threats and that the Maldives is safe.
According to the travel advisory, there could be threats in individual islands, at main tourist attractions and in airports and ferry terminals. It also said that the authorities would not be able to provide help in time even if an attack took place.
Zameer told “Mihaaru” that the safety of tourists who come to the Maldives had always been a priority and there had been no reports of any threats. He added that the authorities would heighten security measures in relation to the advisory.
In addition to the US, the United Kingdom had also issued such an advisory previously.
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Mihaaru-News