A new government commission has been formed by the name of Prison Audit Commission to evaluate the prisons and jails in the country.
Forming a prison audit commission in the first 100 days of the government is a pledge of the President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
A statement issued by the Home Ministry today said that the main goal of the commission would be to check the conditions of the prisons and make a report of the changes that are needed. The Ministry said that protecting rights of the inmates and guaranteeing the said rights is also part of the Commission’s responsibility.
The newly formed audit commission consists of seven people.
- Dr Abdulla Isneen Hilmee (Hithadhoo, Addu City)
- Sheikh Ahmed Abdulkareen (Hulhumalé)
- Shahinda Ismail (Malé City)
- Ahmed Mohamedfulhu (R. Kandholhudhoo)
- Juhail Dhaud (Malé City)
- Shriya Adam (A.Dh. Dhangethi)
- Aminath Naheem Ahmed (Gn. Fuvahmulah)
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Sun.mv