Komandoo MP Ahmed Nashid (ADK Nashid) has been elected Chairperson, and Kudahuvadhoo MP Ahmed Amir has been elected Vice Chairperson of the Public Finance Committee of Parliament.
Nashid and Amir were elected during the Public Finance Committee meeting held this Monday.
All Parliament committees have now been reshuffled after the reinstatement of 12 parliamentarians. The government coalition has won the majority in a number of crucial Parliament committees including the Public Finance Committee.
Former Vice Chairperson of the Public Finance Committee, Vilufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed was also nominated to retain his position as Vice Chairperson but lost the bid when he managed to gather only 6 out of the required 7 votes.
Public Finance Committee:
- Komandoo MP Ahmed Nashid (ADK Nashid) (MDP), Chairperson
- Kudahuvadhoo MP Ahmed Amir (MDA), Vice Chairperson
- North Kulhudhuffushi MP Abdul Gafoor Moosa (MDP)
- Maradhoo MP Ibrahim Shareef (MDP)
- Mathiveri MP Hussain Mohamed (JP)
- Maduvvari MP Mohamed Ameeth Ahmed Manik (Independent)
- South Thinadhoo MP Abdulla Ahmed (Independent)
- North Fuvahmulah MP Ali Shah (Independent)
- Vilimale’ MP Ahmed Nihan Hussain Manik (PPM)
- Gadhdhoo MP Ahmed Rasheed (PPM)
- Vilufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed (PPM)
- Eydhafushi MP Ahmed Saleem (PPM)
- Feydhoo MP Ibrahim Didi (PPM)
The Public Finance Committee was previously chaired by Vilimale’ MP Ahmed Nihan Hussain Manik, the parliamentary group leader of PPM.
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Sun.mv