The Maldives government on Sunday awarded the project to develop jetties in six islands to Maldives Road Development Corporation (MRDC) for over MVR 14 million.
Minister of Housing and Infrastructure Dr Mohamed Muizzu and MRDC’s Managing Director Ahmed Nimal signed the agreement at a ceremony held in the ministry.
According to the minister, the islands chosen for jetty development boast very small populations and lack proper docking facilities for marine vessels.
- Baa atoll Fehendhoo island – MVR 2.2 million
- Baa atoll Fulhadhoo island – MVR 2.2 million
- Vaavu atoll Fulidhoo island – MVR 3.3 million
- Vaavu atoll Raakeedhoo island – MVR 2.5 million
- Raa atoll Rasgetheemu island – MVR 1.8 million
- Meemu atoll Rathmandhoo island – MVR 2.2 million
“We hope that MRDC will get the signed projects underway very soon and complete them as soon as possible,” said the minister.
Full details are available from the link below:
Source URL: Mihaaru-News