Accidents Society & Culture Tragedy

Man dies from electric shock on fishing trip

A migrant worker died Monday from electric shock while on a fishing trip.

The 34-year old Bangladeshi had been holding a light while fishermen caught bait near Gemanafushi, Gaafu Alif Atoll.

He died immediately. The incident was reported to the police around 6 am.

Work is underway to transfer the man’s body to the capital.

A local man who tried to help him also suffered from electric shocks but was not seriously injured, local media reported.

Full details are available at the link below:

Source URL:  Maldives Independent

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of