After decades of service to Maldivian literature and journalism, the public’s favourite linguist, Abdulla Soadhiq (Soadhube), has won the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Diamond Jubilee ceremony of Maldivian Journalism.
The Award was presented by the former President, Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, at the special function in commemorating 75 years of Maldivian journalism and the Journalism Awards for the year 2017, held at Dharubaaruge last night.
Born on 11 January 1935, Soadhube has been in service of the Maldivian language, Dhivehi, authoring many of books and other literary documents for years. He has also won the National Achievement Award in the category in 1980 and 1983 along with the Honorary Award in the category in 1998.
Most Promising Journalist of the Year 2017, Nazim Hassan, receiving the award at the Diamond Jubilee celebration on the night of 11 December 2018. (Sun Photo/Fayaz Moosa)
Winners of the Journalism Award are:
- The Most Promising Journalist of the Year: Nazim Hassan (Avas)
- Best Feature: Aminath Shifleen (Mihaaru)
- Best Political: Moosa Rasheed (Avas)
- Best Business: Abdulla Jameel (Mihaaru)
- Social: Ahmed Saail (Mihaaru)
- Law: Muizzu Ibrahim (Mihaaru)
- Best Video Journalist: Layaal Manik (Channel 13)
- Best Photojournalist: Mohamed Sharuhan Waheed (Raajje MV)
The two nominees for the Sports Journalist of the Year tied in scores and so both of them received the award. They are Azzam Alifulhu (Mihaaru) and Hussain Habeeb (Avas).
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Sun.mv