Ahead of the upcoming Presidential Election, Jumhoory Party (JP) has announced a shadow cabinet that excludes the biggest opposition party, MDP.
JP Leader, Qasim Ibrahim announced his shadow cabinet today through Facebook Live.
While no position in the JP shadow cabinet was given to MDP, the only other members outside of JP are from Adhaalath Party and supporters of the former President, Maumoon Abdul Gayoom.
JP Shadow Cabinet:
- President: Qasim Ibrahim
- Vice President: Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed
- Foreign Minister: Dunya Maumoon
- Finance Minister: Dr. Muhmood Shauqee
- Defence Minister: Ali Waheed
- Home Minister: Abdulla Riyaz
- Tourism Minister: Colonel-retired Mohamed Nazim
- Housing and Environment Minister: Sheikh Imran Abdulla
- Arts and Culture Minister: Yumna Maumoon
- Planning and Communication Minister: Dr. Abdulla Mausoom
- Economic Minister: Mohamed Rasheed
- Attorney General: Noorusalam Abubakr
- Islamic Minister: Ali Zahir
- Education Minister: Dr. Asim Ahmed
- Higher Education Minister: Dr. Ahmed Iyaz
- Health Minister: Dr. Shah Maahir
- Gender Minister: Sidhaatha Shareef
- Youth Minister: Mohamed Maleeh Jamal
- Transport Minister: Ameen Ibrahim
- Fisheries and Agriculture Minister: Dr. Hussain Rasheed Hassan
- Human Resources and Labor Minister: Abdulla Kamaaluddeen
- Environment and Energy Minister: Mohamed Fayaz
The shadow cabinet based on 20 institutes announced by Qasim is a more top-heavy cabinet than the existing 15 member cabinet of President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom.
In his address today, the JP Leader said that he would nominate the MP for Dhiggaru constituency, Ahmed Faaris Maumoon for President of the Parliament and the MP for Kendhoo constituency, Ali Hussain will be nominated as his Deputy.
Qasim said that his cabinet is based on those he believes would work with him.
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Sun.mv