Islamic University of Maldives (IUM) entered a special pact with the National University of Malaysia on Tuesday.
The agreement was signed by IUM’s Chancellor Dr Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor Dr Riza Abdullah O.K. Rahmat. Under the pact, the two universities are to;
- Hold student exchange programs
- Facilitate opportunities for faculty exchange programs
- Conduct joint research projects
- Conduct joint short-term programs in valuable fields
- Conduct joint projects to provide training and experience for staff
- Conduct joint conventions, international conferences, seminars and workshops
Speaking after the signing, IUM’s Chancellor Dr Shaheem praised the Malaysian education system as holistic and exemplary, noting the high numbers of Maldivian students that earn higher education in Malaysia and become productive and contributing adults to Maldivian society.
Full details are available from the link below:
Source URL: Mihaaru-News