The Commission formed to investigate the deaths and missing person cases has said that they will be looking into 24 cases.
Chairperson of the Commission, Husnu Suood, at the President’s Office press conference today said that 24 cases have been set for investigation when they opened to a public inquiry.
Suood announced all 24 cases which include the murder of MP Dr Afrashim Ali, blogger, Yaamin Rasheed and the Maldivian student, Raudha Athif, who was found dead in Bangladesh along with the disappearance of the journalist, Ahmed Rilwan.
He said that two of these cases are public inquiries.
The cases being investigated by the Commission are:
- Murder of Dr Afrashim Ali
- Murder of Ibrahim Agil near MMA
- A death in 2014
- Death of Ahmed Vishal in Laamu atoll Kalaidhoo
- Murder of Mohamed Anas
- Death of Nadhal Rasheed
- Death of Moosa Naeem at Dhoonidhoo Jail
- Death of Ali Abdulla in jail
- Death of Raudha Athif
- Death of Abdulla Rasheed Mohamed
- Death of Abdul Shakoor Abdulla
- Murder of Yaamin Rasheed
- Murder of Ahmed Nazeef Shaukath found killed in Adi Park
- Death of Mohamed Shahud
- Murder of the Bangladeshi national, Shaheen Mia
- Murder of Ali Ziyadham in Laamu atoll Mundoo
- Two deaths in Malé City in 2016
- Murder of Ahmed Jailam Shakir (Hundred Flower, Male’ City)
- Death of Nashid Moosa at Fuvahmulah City
- Death of a five-month-year-old baby at the Kudakudhinge Hiyaa orphanage in 2016
Public inquiries are taken by the Commission:
- The disappearance of Ahmed Misfaaq, who went missing from the special needs centre
- The disappearance of Mohamed Shafeeu Ibrahim
- The disappearance of Abdulla Maail
- The disappearance of the journalist, Ahmed Rilwan
At the press conference today, Suood said that the murder of Mohamed Ibthihal is not on the list because they are in talks with the family to launch an investigation. Suood assured that it is a case that will be investigated by the Commission.
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Sun.mv