Six very important agreements were signed today between the Governments of Maldives and Pakistan. The ceremony was held at the President’s Office this evening.
The agreements signed today are as follows:
1. MoU between the Government of Maldives and the Government of Pakistan on Matters Relating to Tourism
The agreement was signed by Minister of Tourism, H.E. Moosa Zameer, and Mr. Chaudhry Abdul Ghafoor Khan, Managing Director of Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC)
2. MoU between the Foreign Service Institute of Maldives and the Foreign Service Academy of Pakistan
The agreement was signed by Minister of Foreign Affairs, H.E. Dr. Mohamed Asim, and Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, H.E. Sartaj Aziz.
3. MoU on Cooperation on the Matters of a Maldives – Pakistan Joint Business Council between the Ministry of Economic Development and the Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce
The agreement was signed by Minister of Economic Development, H.E. Mohamed Saeed, and President of the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI), Mr. Zubair Farid Tufail.
4. MoU on Cooperation in the Fields of Climate Change and Environmental Protection between the Ministry of Environment and Energy of Maldives and the Ministry of Climate Change of Pakistan
The agreement was signed by Minister of Environment and Energy, H.E. Thoriq Ibrahim H.E. Vice Admiral (Retd) Syed Khawar Ali Shah, Ambassador of Pakistan to Maldives Sartaj Aziz.
5. MoU between the Maldives National University and the Virtual University of Pakistan
The agreement was signed by Chancellor of the Maldives National University, Dr. Mohamed Latheef, and Rector of the Virtual University of Pakistan, Dr. Naveed Akhtar Malik.
6. MoU between the Civil Service Commission, Maldives and the National School of Public Policy, Pakistan
The agreement was signed by Chairman, Civil Service Commission, Dr. Ali Shameem, and Dean of the National Management College, Mr. Naeem Aslam.
President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom and H.E. Mr. Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif were in attendance at the signing ceremony.
Full details are available from the link below:
Source URL: The President's Office