President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih has sent the names of 12 nominees for membership at the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) to the Parliament.
The names of the nominees sent this Wednesday includes former Auditor General Ibrahim Niyaz.
The current term of ACC ends on September 9.
Application for ACC membership for a new term was opened by the President’s Office on June 24.
22 applied for membership at ACC, out of which 12 were shortlisted by the President.
The list does not include any of the current ACC members.
THE 12 NOMINEES
- Fathimath Anoola, G. Vadinolhuge, Male’ City
- Arif Rasheed, Bird Villa, B. Thulhaadhoo
- Zeeniya Abdulla, Madhoshimaage, H. A. Baarah
- Ibrahim Shakeel, Dhafthar no. 3654
- Aishath Abdulla, Rolegoalge, Lh. Hinnavaru
- Mariyam Shiuna, Nedhunge, S. Hithadhoo
- Mujthaba Hameed, Dheefromge, R. Kandholhudhoo
- Ali Ashraf, Dhafthar no. 3366
- Mariyam Ahmed, M. Trusthome, Male’ City
- Niyaz Ibrahim, Broom, G. Dh. Thinadhoo
- Abdulla Mizaan, Raihvillage, Kandholhudhoo
- Adam Shamil, Raihvillage, Th. Vilufushi
The President has also submitted the names of the applicants who weren’t shortlisted in his letter to the Parliament.
He has asked the Parliament to evaluate and select five members to ACC.
The names have now been sent to the Independent Institutions Committee for evaluation.
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Sun.mv