Last updated: Jan 25, 2019At
BestOfMaldives.com, we recognise that earning and retaining your trust is one of the most important things we do as a business. Protecting your privacy is a responsibility we take very seriously.
a) Personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.;
b) data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check-out may take longer. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website.
c) Your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) to give us an idea of which part of our Website you visit and how long you spend here. We do not link your IP address to any other personal information that you send to us. d) Your preferences and use of email alerts, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email alerts on products and offers). Use of information we collect Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. We will use your information for several general purposes including: a) to process your order; b) fulfilling any requests for information or services placed by you; c) personalising your experience on our websites; d) keeping you up to date with news about BestOfMaldives.com, our products and services, and providing other information to you which we think you may find of interest. Your personal information shall not be used for any other purposes.
We may store the contributions and submissions you make to BestOfMaldives.com, including but not limited to your reviews, photos, public profile and ratings (your “Content”), publicly display your Content on our websites and Applications and those of our affiliate partners and distributors, display it to other users, share it with our affiliate partners and distributors, and use it for promotional purposes. Note that if you include personal data in your Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Content.
BestOfMaldives.com may share your personal data with other parties, including other group companies and third parties, such as service providers who work on behalf of us. If we sell or divest our business or any part of it, and your personal data relates to such sold or divested part of our business, or if we merge with another business, we will share your personal data with the new owner of the business or our merger partner, respectively. If we are legally obliged to do so, we will share personal data to protect our customers, the site, as well as our company and our rights and property.
- Social Media Services If you connect to BestOfMaldives.com using Facebook, we may show you reviews, photos and tours that your Facebook friends have posted, shared, saved or purchased on BestOfMaldives.com. Note that, if you have Facebook friends who are using BestOfMaldives.com, they may also share personal data about you with us through Facebook. If you wish to prevent that sharing, please review your Facebook privacy settings. You can also choose to access third-party social media websites and services through BestOfMaldives.com (such as Facebook and Twitter). When you do so, you are sharing personal data with those sites, and the personal data you share is governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
- Third Party Vendors We also share your personal data with third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect personal data on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our websites or Applications or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect personal data only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the personal data for any other purpose. We currently contract with several third-party online partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of third-party marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website.
- Referring Websites If you were referred to BestOfMaldives.com from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal data and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to BestOfMaldives.com.
We may also share or disclose personal data if we believe, at our sole discretion, this to be necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- following a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy;
- with law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies (if we are legally obliged to do so).
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular excursions or tours. This information does not contain any personal data and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Who May Process Data
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss. However we cannot guarantee the protection of your personal data as due to the nature of the Internet, the Website is theoretically accessible by any user of the World Wide Web. You should be aware that when you disclose personal information on the Website it may be collected by another user and may result in unsolicited messages from other Internet users.
Some sections of our website require your information to be stored in what’s known as a session variable. Session variables exist for the length of your visit (or in the case of our client login, until you log out).
Access and Changes to your Personal Information
Upon request, we may provide you with a copy of the personal information which we hold about you (in return for a small fee).
Please address requests to [email protected] and insert “access request” as the subject heading, or write to us at the above address, stating your name and email address for identification purposes. At your request, we will use reasonable efforts to update / correct personal information previously submitted by you. You may also request that we cease processing the personal information we have about you and that we delete your personal information from our database or records. However, it may be impossible to delete your information without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions.
Please address your requests to change or delete your personal information to [email protected] and insert “change details” or “unsubscribe” as appropriate as the subject heading. Alternatively you may write to us at the above address, stating your name and email address for identification purposes. We will only perform the activities outlined above to the extent that such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests.
Changes to this Policy