Accidents Fire Tourism

8 injured in fire from gas leak at resort under development

Eight people have suffered injuries in a fire from a gas leak inside the kitchen of the Baglioni Resort Maldives – a resort under development on the island of Dh. Maagau.

Information officer at Maldives National Defense Force (MNDF), Ibrahim Azim said the incident was reported to the authority at 5:20 pm last Wednesday.

Eight people suffered burns from the fire and are being treated at the F. Atoll Hospital.

Azim said the eight burn victims did not suffer any serious injuries, but that the Baglioni Resort Maldives is working on arranging transportation to Male’ City for further treatment.

Damage from explosion due to gas leak at the staff kitchen in Baglioni Resort Maldives on October 17, 2018. (Photo/MNDF)

‘Sun’ has been informed the eight victims are all visiting inspectors and of foreign nationality. They were inside the staff kitchen on inspection when the rice cooker caught on fire when it was switched on due to the gas leak.

MNDF reports the fire did not spread into the kitchen, but that the glass windows of the kitchen shattered from the blast.

Full details are available at the link below:

Source URL: Sun.mv

Leave a Reply

avatar

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

  Subscribe  
Notify of