The names of the eight nominees to foreign ambassador positions by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih have been sent to the committee for evaluation by the Parliament.
The President’s Office sent the names of the eight nominees to Parliament last week. And the names were accepted by the Parliament for consideration and sent to the committee for evaluation this Monday.
Nominations have been submitted for embassies of eight bilateral partners. They are:
- Maldivian Ambassador to Brussels, Hassan Soabir, G. Fiyaathoshige, Male’ City
- Maldivian Ambassador to India, Aishath Mohamed Didi, H. Dhoorihaa, Male’ City
- Maldivian Ambassador to Singapore, Dr Abdulla Mausoom, Dhafthar no. 4336
- Maldivian Ambassador to Germany, Ahmed Latheef, H. Seaweed, Male’ City
- Maldivian Ambassador to the UK, Dr Farhanaz Faisal, H. Ameeneege, Male’ City
- Permanent Representative of Maldives at the UN and Maldivian Ambassador to the US, Thilmeeza Hussain, H. Noohiri, Male’ City
- Maldivian Ambassador to Malaysia, Wisam Ali, H. Aazaadh Vaadhee, Male’ City
- Maldivian Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Umar Abdul Razzaq, H. Hikifinifenmaage, Male’ City
The nominees need to be assessed and approved by the Parliament before they can be appointed.
Full details are available at the link below:
Source URL: Sun.mv