A third motion of no confidence was submitted to Parliament against Speaker Abdulla Maseeh early Monday.
Jumhoory Party’s deputy leader and lawmaker of Kinbidhoo constituency made the announcement in a tweet, “Submitted with 45 signatures! Congratulations and thanks to all who took stand for the people!”
Ten lawmakers of ruling Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) also signed the petition:
- Isdhoo MP Ahmed Rasheed
- Dhidhdhoo MP Abdul Latheef Mohamed
- Machangolhi South MP Abdulla Sinan
- Dhangethi MP Ilham Ahmed
- Ihavandhoo MP Mohamed Abdulla
- Thinadhoo North MP Saudullah Hilmy
- Thinadhoo South MP Abdulla Ahmed
- Fuvahmulah North MP Ali Shah
- Mahibadhoo MP Ahmed Thoriq
- Hanimaadhoo MP Hussain Shahudhy.
Full details are available from the link below:
Source URL: Mihaaru-News